Shooting is a collective group of competitive and recreational sporting activities involving proficiency tests of accuracy, precision and speed in shooting, using various types of ranged weapons, mainly referring to man-portable guns ( firearms and airguns, in forms such as handguns, rifles and shotguns).
Different disciplines of shooting sports can be categorized by equipment, shooting distances, targets, time limits and degrees of athleticism involved. Shooting sports may involve both team and individual competition, and team performance is usually assessed by summing the scores of the individual team members..
In the Olympic Games, the shooting sport has always enjoyed the distinction of awarding the first medals of the Games.
Shooting at the Summer Olympics (at last edition Rio 2016), is competed in nine disciplines, six in bullseye (pistol and rifle) and three in skeet and trap (shotgun), The events will be six in Tokyo 2020.
- 50 meter rifle three positions (men and women)
- 10 meter air rifle (men and women)
- 25 meter rapid fire pistol (men and women)
- 10 meter air pistol (men and women)
- 25 meter Pistol- Women
- Trap (men and women)
- Skeet (men and women)
ADVANTAGES OF SHOOTING
The following are strictly followed to ensure the safety of the trainees:
- The trainees will be allowed into the shooting range only in the presence of the coach or trainer.
- All applicants are to go through Basic Safety Introductory Course mandatory, on which they will be assessed, at the end of the course, before being enrolled into the coaching program.
- All shooters will only be taught to how to safely handle the air weapons at the beginning and live shooting will only be introduced if the coach deems the student ready.
- Live shooting will only be done in the physical presence of the coach under strict supervision.
- Shooters must only shoot forward direction, in the assigned lane, and at the assigned target and nothing else.
- All non-shooters must wait in the assigned staging area. Non shooters are prohibited from stepping onto the firing line with active shooters.
- Proper care is given during introduction and individual attention is given to supervise all safety norms are followed for safe shooting environment.